Monday, November 17, 2008

Bicycle built for three

Andrew, Steven (another boy at the home) and I took a ride on one of Welcome Home's new bikes. With one wheel in the back, 2 in the front and a large box for passengers we garnered quite a bit of attention. Speaking of bikes, I met a couple who were biking from Addis Ababa to Capetown yesterday. They hope to be done in March or so. They are raising money for a hospital in Ethiopia.

Andrew is really getting attached quickly, much moreso than John or Levi did. I stepped into the office at the home yesterday and when I came out he was standing in the hall with tears on his cheeks. I worry about him through this process as it can be a bit bumpy. We hope to confirm our court appearance today. Please keep us in your pyayers.

The rest of the group will be coming over Wednesday. They are in for quite a trip. I think they will enjoy it.

No comments: